These one hour talks are scheduled during the lunchtime hours, and are intended to include a brief presentation or statement of the speakers’ point of view followed by vigorous and lively discussion and Q&A from the audience. Pocket lunch will be provided.
Revolving Doors: From Academia to Industry and Back Again
Scheduling: Wednesday June 26th, 2019. Room: P-3-Sala A3. Time: 12:15-13:15.
Organizer: Robert Shorten.
Abstract. This session will consist of three short talks by Francesco Calabrese, Giovanni Russo and Robert Shorten followed by Q&A. Each researcher will discuss different career trajectories that involved closed interaction between industrial research and academia. Topics to be covered include not only the various career paths taken, but also the stimulus arising from access to leading edge industrial research, and the effect that this can have in guiding academic research.
Sponsors’ and Exhibitors’ Session
Scheduling: Thursday June 27th, 2019. Room: P-3-Sala A3. Time: 12:15-13:15.
Organizer: Riccardo Scattolini.
Abstract. In this session, the ECC19 sponsors and exhibitors will have the additional opportunity to give an oral presentation about their products and activities in the field of control and automation. This will allow the participants to appreciate the role of the involved Companies to boost and motivate the research and teaching in control. Each contributed talk will be assigned a slot of 8 minutes, including Q&A.
– From control algorithm validation to autonomous robotics research: 30 years of Quanser
– Altair Activate™: Open Integration Platform for Multi-Disciplinary System Simulation
– Controls Teaching Made Easier with MATLAB and Simulink
– Electrolux, Shape living for the better
– RINA: Integration of Control Strategies for Process Quality Improvements in Steel Plants
– Altran: Educational Robotics and Mind Control
– Inteco: How to facilitate education and research for the real-time control.
Women in Control Luncheon event
This lunch session is sponsored by IEEE Women in Engineering, IEEE Control Systems Society, University of Naples Federico II.
Scheduling: Friday June 28th, 2019. Room: P-3-Sala A3. Time: 12:15-13:15.
Organizers: Laura Celentano (chair), Stefania Santini (co-chair).
Abstract. A women networking opportunity, whose aim is to give new perspectives about the current role of engineering, science and industry women with personal stories, gender reports, programs and opportunities.
– Bozenna Pasik-Duncan (University of Kansas)
– Antonella Ferrara (University of Pavia)
– Elena Zattoni (University of Bologna)
– Piera Levi-Montalcini (Rita Levi-Montalcini Foundation)
– Sveva Avveduto (Italian National Research Council, Women and Science Association)
– Angela Gargano (Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics, Neapolitan Women in Science Association)
– Ilenia Picardi (Gender Observatory on the University and Research of the University Federico II)